Becoming a member of the Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages shows your support for the promotion, use and revival of Indigenous Languages in Victoria.
The Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages (VACL) will retrieve, revive and strengthen Indigenous Languages for Victorian Aboriginal people.
The Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages (VACL) will achieve this by:
- Acting as the peak body for Victorian Aboriginal Languages to develop partnerships with, and provide resources and information to, government and non-government and community organizations.
- Promoting VACL as it fosters appreciation and use of Indigenous languages in a range of domains and media, so as to advance their retrieval, revival and maintenance.
- Assisting Aboriginal communities to coordinate resources and employment and training through local language centres and committees.
- Providing and maintaining a centre for resources for, and documentation of languages for the benefi t of Victorian Aboriginal people.
- Ensuring good governance and management practices within VACLs structure.
Membership is free and you can join either as an individual or as an organisation.
* NOTE: Full Membership is only available to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander persons living in the State of Victoria.
Associate Membership is available to non-Indigenous Australians wanting to become involved and support our work.
If you would simply like to be on our mailing list, please fill in the fields below.
Download file: Membership Application.pdf